Friday, June 17, 2011

A long time back, in a frontier land a fer piece aways...



Last might we had our CLAW Open Swim meeting, where we always do a themed sketch competition. I got to pick the theme for this meeting and I chose "Star Wars...What If?" There were some really great ideas, the wildest of which was James Stowe's SW/Winnie the Pooh mash-up! The winning sketch was Adam Botsford's SW/Alice in Wonderland piece--which was excellent!

Mine was: What if Star Wars had been a Western? So I sketched up my "Steer Wars" piece, based on the classic movie poster design. It's just a loose pencil drawing, but I think I may have to finish it up in inks and color it! It translated pretty well! I've even got names for them... Bart Vader. Luke Sodbuster. Miss Leia. Dan Shiloh.

This was about an hour's work, btw. But in a fairly relased and social context...

No comments:

Post a Comment